Developed after Metis raised US $ 4 million in angel, seed and private funding, Metis Rollup aims to be the infrastructure of the Web 3.0 economy, allowing users to easily launch their own decentralized applications and leverage the integrated framework of decentralized autonomous enterprises (DAC). They can thus manage their decentralized collaborations from the inside while ensuring that they are inexpensive, highly scalable and offer more functionality.
As the vision of a decentralized Web 3.0 economy progressed, with decentralized businesses running on the blockchain, the blockchain community built its infrastructure with the goal of replicating real-world functionality. The problem is, current Layer 1 solutions are plagued by high gas costs, reduced efficiency levels, a lack of on-chain management tools, and hard-to-use available platforms. All of these factors make Layer 1 solutions inefficient when it comes to supporting the operation of a complex logic app or business.
The Metis white paper explains the issues inherent in previous Layer 2 technologies, the potential of Rollup, and how the Metis framework supports the functioning of the Web 3.0 economy. Unlike other Layer 2 solutions that only solve transaction cost and debit issues, Metis Rollup addresses the broader issue of implementing value creation activities (collaborations) on the blockchain to ensure the functioning of the Web 3.0 economy.
The functionalities and features of Metis Rollup include:
- Scalable, decentralized, and EVM-enabled, supporting multiple businesses and proprietary token launch.
- The mining incentive mechanism dramatically reduces the time it takes to withdraw tokens from Layer 2 to Layer 1.
- The microservice framework is built on layer-2 to allow extension of toolkits.
- Integrated with IPFS for the protection of confidential data.
- Integration of the DAC framework for DApps, communities and projects to easily launch and manage the collaborative relationship.
“Layer 2 is still the Wild West, full of new opportunities but difficult to exploit. Metis is building a fully functional infrastructure to enable all kinds of applications and new ideas to take advantage of Layer 2 benefits, including high scalability, low cost, high functionality and ease of use. We have never seen so clearly what the future of Web 3.0 will look like, and the Métis will allow it. Join us and discover the new world. “
– Kevin Lu, Métis Product Manager
A demo DAC is currently available.