It stands to reason that at least a few of our readers are spending money on mobile titles, but how much are they spending each month? That’s what we asked you earlier this week, and here’s what you said.
How much do you spend on mobile games each month?
We released the poll on Monday, July 19, with just over 1,600 votes cast so far. The result? Well, it turns out that the vast majority of readers surveyed (80%) don’t spend money on mobile games every month. Comments suggest that a few people have chosen this option because they spend money more sporadically rather than monthly. A few comments also suggest that some users just aren’t playing games on their phones.
As for the people who spend money every month? Well, the most popular option was the $ 1 to $ 4.99 level, and it’s easy to see why that might be the case. There are a ton of games available for purchase in this tier, while there are plenty of in-app purchases available in this price range. Additionally, the Google Play Pass subscription service costs $ 4.99 per month.
Otherwise, 7% of respondents indicate that they spend $ 10 or more each month. This figure rises to 11% when you include people spending $ 5 or more.
- Martin Pollard: I’m one of those weirdos who think of their phone as a communication device, not a game console. If I play any game, it’s a quick round of solitaire or blackjack while I wait, say, for my table to be ready in a restaurant.
- Tennis enthusiast: I chose the option “I don’t spend money on games” because I don’t spend “monthly” on games. I will only buy full games once for all the features, and they are getting rarer and rarer. So, I don’t buy every month, but rather I buy maybe a game twice a year.
- Bobby phoenix: Maybe twice a year I’ll spend $ 5.00 on the Clash Royale season pass. Only if they have really good rewards. I think the most that I have ever spent in total on all mobile games is $ 80.00. I know it’s a lot, but for what I / I still play, it was worth it.
- Blinking: Why spend money on mobile games? It is a scam.
- Konrad Beauty-Darłak: Where is “it depends”?
- DLS: Zero. I only pay for real games on PC or consoles. I always thought mobile games were crap, and they’re always trying to sell their crap.
Thank you for voting in this poll and for leaving comments. Are you spending money on mobile games if you don’t spend money every month? Let us know below.